WHAT TO EXPECT AS A FIRST TIME CLIENT AT GENESIS
As a new client at Genesis Counseling Center we want you to know that serving you with excellence is our top priority. From your first interaction, our Client Care Coordinators will work to meet your needs to make you feel welcome. We value each person as a unique individual and feel honored that you chose Genesis. Our team of licensed counselors is trained to meet you where you are and to help you deal with the specific issues you are facing.
Before you arrive at your first session you will be registered in our secure and confidential electronic health records system, which includes appointment reminder notifications and a patient portal for your convenience. In our patient portal you can access your appointments, complete new client forms, and see your account status. The forms we ask you to complete ahead of time will help our counselors serve you more effectively and help us track your progress. If applicable, we will also verify your insurance benefits, so you will know what to expect regarding payment at the time of service.
When you arrive and check in at the front desk, the Client Care Coordinators will greet you, ensure you have completed any necessary forms, scan your insurance card and driver’s license (or photo ID), and collect payments due. Then your counselor will meet you in the lobby. Our counseling rooms are nicely furnished to bring the warmth and comfort of home to your session. During your first session your counselor will focus on getting to know you. Our counselors are committed to your success and will work hard to understand your concerns and address them appropriately through the best treatment approach and planning. Once your session has been completed your counselor will walk you to the checkout window to schedule your next appointment.
Few things to keep in mind as you prepare for your first session:
- Promptly register for your patient portal account so that you can complete new client forms and access your appointment details.
- Arrive to your appointment 15 minutes early to allow time to complete any additional steps.
- Bring your insurance card and driver’s license or photo ID to be scanned in your patient chart.
- Please note that co-pays, deductible payments or co-insurance payments are due at the time of service.
- Children ages 12 and under cannot be left alone in the waiting room.
- Finally, take a deep breath and know that you are in good hands with Genesis. You are not alone. We are here to serve you.
Here are some resources to help:
Clinical History Form (Please use the version in the patient portal, if possible)Consent to Release & Request Records