Hampton Roads is rich with history from colonial time to present and is home to the largest naval fleet in the world as well as Air Force, Army, Coast Guard and Marines. Approximate 150,000 department of defense employees call this area home. Those of us who have lived here for any length of time are well acquainted with the challenges of those who serve in the military, their family members, and civilian counterparts.
Military Service offers many personal and family challenges and Genesis Counseling Center is ready to meet those needs.
• Relocation-adjustment and assimilation
• Deployment and unaccompanied tours-preparation and support for family members
• Retirement-lifestyle change, transition, and support
• Family member needs-full mental health services, relationship counseling
• Single service member adjustment- change, chaos, and loneliness
• Exception Family Member mental health services (testing and child services)
Genesis counselors are credentialed to take Tricare Prime, Tricare Select, and Tricare Reserve as well as most major insurance plans. Some counselors offer Military One Source for free, confidential counseling to active duty and family members (up to 12 sessions) and Magellan Federal Occupational Health (Employee Assistance Plan) for civil service employees. https://www.militaryonesource.mil
Compiled by Tracey R. Crawley, LMFT
Former USAF nurse, active duty family member, retiree family member