Core Values: Excellence
The excellence we strive for here at Genesis is best-in-class delivery of service. But what exactly does excellence mean? How do you define excellence?
Ronnie Oldham, an Oklahoma Sales Representative, says, “Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.” Vince Lombardi quotes that “A person’s quality of life is in direct proportion of a person’s commitment to excellence, regardless of what field they may be in.”
But how does excellence differ from perfection? Perfection is often superficial, selfish or unrepeatable. Excellence is internal, contagious and a way of life. One of the key differences between excellence and perfectionism is that perfectionism focuses on the outcome, whereas excellence focuses on the process. According to Vince Lombardi, “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
Aristotle says that “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” Some qualities of excellence to strive for are:
- What deeply moves you
- Compels you into action
- Passion touches, moves and inspires
- Is at the core of excellence
- “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.” – Colossians 3:23
- A willingness to “stick to it.”
- Uncompromising and unending support
- Drives and anchors us in challenging times
- Enables us to maintain a high degree of perseverance
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2
- Giving your best to the world while evoking others to do the same
- Understanding your purpose and mission
- Spiritual Gifts – I Corinthians 12
- When you have integrity, your word means something
- Words = Actions
- “Say only ‘yes’ if you mean ‘yes,’ and say only ‘no’ if you mean ‘no.’ If you must say more than ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ it is from the Evil One.” – Matthew 5:37
- “It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it.” – Ecclesiastes 5:5
- Integrity is keeping your promise simply because, “Because I said I would…”
All good work serves God:
- Work well done and for God’s glory is Christian work
- We model Christ in the workplace when we perform our work so well and with a good attitude that we inspire others to seek God
- Our work is evangelism
- God is honored when our service is excellent
So, how can you demonstrate excellence?
- To your co-workers?
- To your clients?
- To your family?
Gordon, Jan. “Top 10 Qualities of Excellence.” 2002. http://qualitycoaching.com/Articles/excellence.html
Green, Holly. “Redefining Excellence for Today’s World.” 2012. Forbes. http://onforb.es/xm6UsB
Lombardi, Vince. http://www.vincelombardi.com/quotes.html.
Article Written by: Stephanie Bomar, MHR
Blog Post by: Sarah Warner, M.S.